Volunteers are the lifeblood of NDSM. We rely on over 500 volunteers to deliver our services. Perhaps unique in the non-profit community, we have only 2 paid staff. Everyone else who makes this place possible is a volunteer – including the executive director!
We want volunteering at NDSM to be easy, fun and rewarding. It is easy to get started and you’ll be contributing right away, learning on the job from more experienced hands.
- Do you like to work with people? We have slots for that.
- Would you rather work on your own? We need that, too.
- Do you want some physical exercise? We need some able bodies.
- Are you more comfortable at a desk? We have spots where a paperclip is the heaviest thing you’ll lift.
- Are you part of a group that wants to work together? We have projects waiting for you.
In other words, we need a variety of skills, aptitudes and personalities. And, once you start, you’re likely to continue – many of our volunteers have served for over 20 years.
To learn more, please contact one of these three people:
- If you’re interested in helping with the medical or dental clinic, please contact Susan Block. Her direct line is 214.358.8720, or send her an email.
- If you wish to help with any other program, please contact Sherrie Boyd. Her direct line is 214.358.8767 or send her an email.
- If you wish to teach ESL DAY classes, please contact Trish Houck by sending an email. If you wish to assist with EVENING ESL classes, please contact Mae Schwalb by sending an email.
We benefit from a broad range of talents and interests that our volunteers bring to our mission. We are always looking for people with special skills to draw upon when opportunities arise. So please let us know if you’d like to make yourself available on a project basis.
For more details on our ongoing needs, please click here for a (mostly) complete listing of the daily tasks that enable us to help our community.
Thank you in advance for your interest in serving.